The entry level to the CMAS Instructor program for experienced Three Star Divers. An individual who has a knowledge of the techniques of diving instruction and is competent in the instructional skills necessary to teach both the academic and practical skills to conduct, qualify, and certify students in a CMAS One Star and Two Star Diver Course
1. Must hold a 3 Star Diver or equivalent Certificate.
2. Must be at least 18 years old.
3. Must have a minimum of 100 logged and verified dives beyond those required for Three Star Diver.
must have a basic understanding of:
1. The principles of teaching.
2. The learning process.
3. Instructional methods appropriate to sport diving.
4. Equipment used in diving instruction.
1. Be able to control and lead a group of students in sheltered open water.
2. Be able to instruct a group of students in sheltered open water.
3. Be able to teach the contents of the 1 Star and 2 Star Diver course to a group of students in a surface/classroom
4. Situation and in open water
5. Be able to communicate effectively with the students at all times.
CMAS ONE STAR INSTRUCTOR COURSE STANDARDS
In the ‘continuous assessment’ system the above knowledge and skills will be assessed at various points during the course, and the certificate will only be awarded if the instructor is judged to have reached the required standard. If the ‘testing’ system is used then the final assessment should establish the instructor’s ability to carry out the following under sheltered water diving conditions.
1. Demonstrate the ability to control and lead a group of students in a dive in sheltered open water.
2. Demonstrate the ability to instruct a group of students in basic diving techniques in sheltered open water.
3. Demonstrate familiarity with the contents of the 1 Star and 2 Star Diver course and the ability to teach a group of students in a surface/classroom situation and in open water.
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with the students at all times.
The assessment will be made by an authorized qualification panel composed of 2 Star and 3 Star Instructors.